Monday 28 May 2012

Samoan Language Week

Talofa tamaiti. Hope you have been listening carefully to the new phrases the non-Samoan speakers have been learning during the notices in the morning. I have been noticing that the staff and many of you good looking children have been coming into the library all dressed up in special Samoan clothes. I am a mouse and although I have been to nearly all the $2 shops in this area, I cannot find myself a lei to fit. Not to mention a lava lava. Anyway I won't complain because I have been enjoying my favourite coconut buns (pani popo) to celebrate. There are some exciting activities planned for lunch times this week, so pop in and check them out. The library also has a great selection of Samoan books, so if you are learning or are a really fluent speaker, there is something for you!!
For your entertainment here is a video showing some of Samoa's beauty and cool music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0YDc7Vn4po

See you all,
Tofa soifua
Marvin

No comments:

Post a Comment